Sinks are the most utilized yet the most ignored part of our homes. Be it the kitchen sinks or the toilet ones, they are hardly noticed by any for their numerous stains and chips. However, revamping a simple item as sink can give a major makeover to the surrounding area-kitchen or bathroom. In addition, not all makeovers need to be expensive. Here are 6 simple ways of revamping your sink when you are on a budget.
- If you have ever thought of giving you modest sink a makeover, a simple coat of paint is all you need to Pimp My Sink! Grab an alluring colour of spray paint and few newspaper sheets. Cover the sink with the newspapers and spray the entire basin area with the paint. Let it dry for 24 hours before the next use.
- If your sink is of aluminium and has numerous stains on it, grab a spoonful of vinegar, lemonjuice and water. Use a stopper to close the sink mouth. Spread this mixture all over the sink and scrub it for 10mins. Leave it for 30mins before washing off to find a sparkling sink.
- Ever wondered to change your sink into something new? Try a medium or big serving bowl from your kitchen for your next stylish sink. All you need is to drill a hole in the base of the bowl, attach the pipes, and sink drain. Voila! Your new vessel sink is ready to use.
- The cabinet surrounding the sink is often a boring part that needs some extra care. Pimp it up with some dash of colour using a spray paint and a stencil. Cover the entire portion with newspaper except the one you want to stencil. Spray some paint on the stencilled part and remove when dry. Let the surface dry for 24hours before using it.
- Glass sinks add elegance to any dull toilets. Trade your old ad boring aluminium or ceramic sinks with colourful glass sinks that do not cost a fortune. Have it fixed by a plumber and say hello to your revamped space.
- If you have a standalone sink and crave for some storage space, attach a countertop or build one from an old chest of drawers. Get the measurements of the sink you want to fix into the drawer cabinet, get it cut and coloured and get the sink fixed. This will give you extra space for towels and other accessories such as hand washes, toiletriesetc.
There 6 simple tricks will transform your sink overnight without burning a hole in your pocket.